Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weekly Rewind: Tuesday Nights in DC






Last night was a slightly disappointing one, as I was unable to find a certifiably live party in DC. I did have a little fun, and shake a little something, but all in all - I was a bit disappointed in the district.

First Stop. Lotus Lounge.

Well, I stopped by Lotus Lounge to check out Marquee Tuesdays- and it was closed. No one was outside and the lights were off, except that neon pink light. Now- it was my understanding that Lotus Lounge was the place to be on a Tuesday Night; I had the wrong understanding, obviously.

Second Stop. Recess.

This was my first time ever entering Recess Lounge and I thought it was a pretty nice venue. I especially liked the light decor they have on the ceiling - love it. The attendance was light, but the party was decent- But, I quickly realized that this is the type of party that you have to be prepared for before you enter. Most people were dressed causal/down. The music varied, there was Hip Hop, Dance, Techno, Reggae, and some Reggaeton - but the mixing of music wasn't to my personal liking. Many rap songs were mixed with a techno/dance beat, or right as I was ready to start dancing the song would change. I believe that many people would like it, however I wasn't able to enjoy the music because it was chopped and screwed so much (especially on my favorite songs) that I didn't get a chance to really dance to the beat and sing along like I like to.

However, if you're looking for a place where you can come out and chill on a Tuesday Night and hear some good Hip Hop music and you like hearing the chopped and screwed mixes then this may be the spot for you.

Third Stop. Policy.

In all fairness, I arrived minutes before 1am and they had already made the last call so I turned around and returned to Recess Lounge. I would like to stop by there earlier next time.

--

Overall, I wasn't completely overjoyed about my night but I'm willing to give each Tuesday Night venue another try before I make my final evaluations of them each individually. Stay tuned to InsiderNights.com and Blog for more about the best places to go on each night of the week in the DMV!

No comments:

Post a Comment