Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekly Rewind: Reggae Sundays at Select Lounge



Last Sunday (Feb 13th), I stepped through Reggae Sundays at Select Lounge (415 N Paca Street, Baltimore, MD) for my reggae fix. Although the crowd fell short in numbers, the event was entertaining and uplifting. The band, Strikers Pose, sounded amazing! The bar was full with people lounging and enjoying the music.

The vibe of the Select Lounge was a little different than most nights- along with the normal table set up on one side of the club; there was also furniture arranged in the center of the club where people could sit and get comfortable as the band played. It gave the lounge a warmer feel to it with the authentic live reggae music. I truly enjoyed myself while I was there, even without much interaction with anyone else who came.

After about 11pm, the band was exchanged for DJ Dongar and Special Guest DJ, Mr. Muzik of WEAA's 88.9- and the party continued until about 1am. What you may not have known about Select Lounge, is that on this particular night, they bring out the hookahs- which many enjoy so you may want to stop by to experience this as well. The bar was the place to be, and I love their Moscato.

Once the weather gets a bit warmer, I'm sure that this will be the official Sunday Reggae spot. You're going to want to check it out for yourself. I think I'll be attending again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment