Wednesday, December 15, 2010

From The Past - Music Minute: Writer's Rap with Flo'Rida

Wednesday, Dec 8, 2010 (Baltimore, MD) -- Yesterday, TaskForce Marketing and Media Group opened their doors to us for a Writer's Rap Session with Internationally renowned rapper, Flo'Rida. We sat with him on a more personal level and discussed the inspiration behind his music, his latest CD and singles, his views about issues in our community, his phone number release, and his most recent spotting and relationship with model, Eva Marceille.

In response to a question asked to him about the AIDs epidemic in our community, he responded by saying that he practiced abstinence for a long time and now that he is sexually active, he makes sure that he always has condoms. After releasing his phone number on Chelsea Lately, he expressed to us that the amount of phone calls and messages that come in on his phone is so hectic and overwhelming that he doesn't even know what to do with his phone anymore.

Flo'Rida referenced an experience from his youth when a church called Jesus People went to the streets and motivated him - Now he gives back to his community and says that when he reached the level of success where he was able to give back, he felt the need to do so. As inspiration and motivation was a reoccuring topic of our conversation, he told us about the impact of David Guetta, Jimmy Hendrix, OutKast, Ludacris, Lil Wayne and others on his music.

Seems like Eva can look forward to a special gift for the holidays, as he did mention briefly that he was looking forward to the holiday season- He's not sure what he's going to give her but from the look in his eyes, I'm sure that he's going to get her something nice. He was leary with answering our questions about Eva, but I believe that he she's beginning to be rather special to him.

During the session, I asked him how would he like to be remembered as an artist and what he hopes that his fans will appreciate about his music, and he replied:

"I just want people to recognize that I love music, so I never want to be just in one market or your typical kind of music. I'm looking towards the marathon, and I want people to see what type of longevity I have. I'm glad I have the international attention because it definitely gives me a bigger subject matter and I have a lot more to talk about."

We would like to give out a special thanks and shout out to TaskForce Marketing and Media Group for inviting us out - check out www.tfmoutloud.com for more on the live session and TaskForce Marketing & Media group.

Check out this clip, and the video for one of my favorite songs right now "Club Can't Handle Me":



No comments:

Post a Comment